We are pleased to see that you are interested in joining the local Carolina Chapter of the Project Management Institute.
Joining a local PMI chapter is a great first step to start networking with local practitioners on a regular basis and become eligible for our considerable chapter discounts. In order to become a PMI Carolina Chapter member:
- You must first become a Project Management Institute (PMI) member.
- Once you have become a PMI member, you can login to the global PMI website and under the "Membership", choose "Local Chapters", and navigate to the PMI Carolina (Metrolina, may still be active untill the 2nd week of Jan 2023) local chapter under "United States-North Carolina".
If you are not sure about joining the PMI or the local Carolina Chapter, just come to our next chapter meeting or contact us. Already a member of the PMI or Carolina Chapter? Volunteer to obtain experience to move into your next gig, or earn additional PDUs, if you hold a certification.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Chapter Website with presentations from past events, information about upcoming events and lots of information about PMI.
- Monthly Newsletter with links to events going on throughout the state and available opportunities for networking, professional development and volunteering.
- The PMI Carolina Chapter has an active presence on a number of social media sites. For a start, you can find us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- The PMI Carolina Chapter holds its monthly chapter meeting on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Community meetings that occur at various times and locations throughout our footprint including the following areas: Asheville, Ballantyne, Concord, Fayetteville, Hickory, Huntersville, Jacksonville, Mooresville, University, Uptown Charlotte, West Lake Norman, and Wilmington.
- Certification preparation courses at a significant cost savings for PMP, PgMP and other certifications.
- Additional Educational Opportunities listing of colleges and training organizations offering discounts and special offers to chapter members.
- Volunteer Leadership opportunities.
- Community Outreach Opportunities.
- Free PDUs available quarterly for members who attend our Saturday PDU sessions.
- Scholarship opportunities for multiple levels of education from certification prep to advanced degrees in project management.
PMI National Benefits
The benefits of membership to the Project Management Institute include:
- Exclusive members-only content on PMI.org
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities through PMI communities
- Job search capabilities using Career Headquarters
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities through PMI components and communities, certification program, Knowledge Center and other areas
- Access to A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Access to PMI's career framework
PMI Members also receive discounts on:
- PMI® credential exams and renewals
- SeminarsWorld® and eSeminarsWorldSM educational opportunities
- PMI global congresses and Research Conference attendance
- Soundview® Executive Book Summaries
- Research and reference services by PMI Virtual Library staff
- Project management publications, products and training tools through the PMI Marketplace
- Tuition at Capella University
And access to exclusive publications and information to members, including:
- PM Network®, PMI's monthly magazine with the latest news and trends
- PMI Today®, PMI's informative monthly newsletter
- Project Management Journal®, a quarterly research journal
- Leadership in Project Management, an annual publication devoted to enriching leadership skills
- PMI Community POST, a bimonthly electronic newsletter
- PMI e-links, monthly electronic newsletters that focus on EMEA and Asia Pacific trends
- Online access to information resources with PMI Marketplace and Virtual Library